Sunday, April 5, 2009

Web 2.0 Screw ups

In the tradition of the April fools day prank, NYU Wagner Graduate School of Public Service mistakenly sent out 489 admission letters via email by mistake . Of course this occurred on April 1st. The first thing I thought of was "how stupid could one administrative assistant be????" But then it occurred to me that maybe this was a technological error. Someone or something went wrong with an automatic email system to send the wrong form letter to all these public service hopefuls. Well I know that this isn't a web 2.0 topic. But the comments left on alot of these news feeds that pumped this story out are quite funny. And that is where the web 2.0 portion of this article comes into play. A few not too happy students blogged and emailed the NYU school adminitstration about the not too funny mistake...... I hope Loyola did admit me.... but then again it probably was a mistake (or cruel joke) and they won't tell me till graduation!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment